Google Verification

Monday, August 9, 2010

My Sanctuary

Just finishing making a 2 course dinner out of a package of Broccoli Soup mix with 1st being soup of course, then added parmesan cheese, some onion & garlic powders & some Butter Buds to go over linguini pasta.
I feel real good about making the dinner tonight along with the little extra creative effort given to give My Husband a decent meal instead of just plain soup. I’m taking a break while waiting for the pasta to finish cooking as it’s been 15 minutes boiling and still no end in sight.
Then I’ll continue on my break while he eats because after being in front of the stove, food & smells for the last 45 minutes is sending my whole system parts running away to a safe sanctuary where food is no where to be found…in my office.

That reminds me, a good Friend in Australia once suggested that since I am comfortable in here, maybe i should bring My food in here so that the anxiety surrounding the “time” would not be so bad. I shrugged it off and probably dismissed that whole part of the conversation. (Sorry, You know who You are)

So as I sit, taking a break, guess i have time to explore this for a minute.

I do not think that bringing Solid food into my office/sanctuary is such a good idea right now. i am just now getting used to drinking My LEAN shakes in here and that took me almost 9 weeks into the Refeeding Syndrome.

This is My place to get my mind settled before going onto the next task that will take energy, concentration & perseverance to accomplish – my cool down place if You will. Here I get My breathing right and my mind in the proper set to get up & go at ‘em, whatever the “chore” might be.
This sanctuary, away from all food & filled with Peace & Love, is what seems to be keeping Me sane right now with the much needed break from My busy Body and allows me to catch up and fight the Voice to keep it at bay while i gain the strength to pass the next test, whatever it is that up ahead may lay.

So for now i’ll keep things as they are separated by space & time until the anxiety wears off a bit & i can tolerate more than LIMU LEAN invading my special sanctuary reserved for only Me.

Someday, in the Land called RecoverED, i will eat freely, be renewed & strengthened to Be Me.


May the God of Hope fill You with all Joy and Peace as You Trust in Him. ~Rom 15:13

Have a Great Day!
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment