Google Verification

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Convincing Voice

I had an interesting experience earlier one afternoon when
we went over to a Friend’s house for BBQ rib lunch.
Not wanting to go through the Refeeding syndrome
“bad” side-effects, I opted Not to eat.
Plus the smells of that meat was actually not appetizing to me.
At one time, ribs were my favorite, but that was over 20 years ago.
Now all i smell is the meat part and that sickens me.
I have to “be in the mood” and have my “timing” right in order to
even “think” about attempting to eat.

So I was explaining the comatose state one goes through with the syndrome,
which mine is getting easier, but given the type of food,
it would lay me flat out cold & i did not want
to have to go through that at a gathering.
I was able to sit in the same area where they were all eating –
which Was a plus because usually i have to run away from
seeing & smelling other people eat.

What happened next was completely unexpected
and utterly unforeseeable to Me.
One by one, everyone that had eaten started to make their way
to their cars to go home and…Take a Nap!

These were “healthy” people with good appetites & eating portions.
These people were not fat but they were more healthier than I.
These are the kind of people i would consider “normal eaters”
and They were being taken down flat by the food –
the Same reaction that I would have
and that I did Not want to have because
that would make me “different” and my AN more noticeable.


Come to find out, that was the Voice who
had Me convinced that Only an anorexic
gets “sick” off food.
May the Lord Bless You with His Mercy & Grace
for Peace & Health, Enlightenment & Prosperity
throughout all Your ways!
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment